Avert Water Damage from Toilets
1. Once you have flushed the toilet, wait close by to ensure the fill valve has completed re-filling the bowl.
2. Should your tank or bowl overflow, immediately turn the water supply line off.
3. Create a routine of checking the flushing apparatus every three (3) months.
4. The fill regulator is supposed to shut off once the float reaches the right water level.
5. Switch out the flapper or fill valve assembly if you detect sporadic or constant tank refilling when toilet is not in use.
6. Inspect the supply line very six (6) months.
7. Tighten the valve connection.
8. Work the valve to ensure the water supply shuts off; replace if necessary.