Preventing Washing Machine Water Damage
• Reportedly, burst water supply lines are the major cause for half of the washing machine water damage incidents.
• The average cost of damage is $6000.00
Tips to Prevent Washing Machine Water Damage:
• When not in us, turn water supply valves off.
• Install lever-type valves that are easy to maneuver.
• Do not run the washer machine when no one is at home.
• Be sure the water hose is not kinked; leave 3 to 4 inches between the machine and the wall.
• Check water supply line hose every 3 months.
• Ensure all water and valve connections are secure, but do not over tighten. Hand tighten first, and then utilize pliers if needed.
• Examine hose for cracks, blisters, kinks.
• Replace the hoses on a regular basis and consider reinforced braided stainless steel hoses.