Preventing Water Damage Accidents
1. Subsequent to flushing the toilet, stay near and be sure the fill valve has completed re-filling the bowl.
2. Should the tank or bowl overflow, turn off the water supply line (usually located below the tank in the back).
3. Make a habit of checking the flushing apparatus every three (3) months.
4. The fill regulator should shut off once the float reaches the appropriate water level.
5. Change the flapper or fill valve assembly should you detect sporadic or continuous tank refilling when toilet is not in use.
6. Inspect the supply line very six (6) months.
7. Make certain the connection to the valve is secure.
8. Operate the valve to ensure the water supply shuts off; replace if necessary.