Refrigerator Ice-maker Water Damage
• 73% of water damages relating to a refrigerator ice-maker were caused by the malfunction of the supply line hose.
• 10% of incidents involved new refrigerators and were associated to improper installation.
Loss Prevention and Maintenance Tips:
• Correct installation of the ice-maker supply line hose is essential to circumventing water damage.
• Tightly connect the hose to the valve; but avoid over tightening.
• Inspect the hose every six months. Ensure the valve connection is secure and check for kinks.
• If kinks are present, replace the hose.
• Leave a 3 to 4 inch space between the back of the refrigerator and the wall to prevent the hose from crimping.
• When pulling the refrigerator out for cleaning or service, avoid getting the hose caught beneath the wheel.
• Locate the water shut off valve.
• Inspect the valve every six months to make sure the water supply will shut off. Replace the valve if needed.