Water Heater Damage
• The probability a water heater will burst, leak, or break down is significantly increased after five (5) years.
• Three quarters of all water heaters fail before they are twelve (12) years old.
Loss Prevention Maintenance
• Have a professional plumber inspect the anode rod at least once every two years and annually once the warranty has expired. The rod will eventually corrode and leave the tank vulnerable to damage.
• Eliminate sediment by flushing the tank every six months. Sediment will build up quicker in areas where there is hard water.
• Check the life span date on the unit where the model and serial numbers are located. Replace the unit if needed.